Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I HATE PETER AT "UNNAMED CABLE NEWS NETWORK"

Oh Peter. How did you get this job? You are a producer of a cable news show and you apparently don't know the basics of producing or cable or news or television. All things you should know to have the title of producer, Peter, you don't know. I'm pretty sure with the title you have, you are considered staff. This means you have job security and health insurance and other nice little perks. You know what I'm not Peter, I'M NOT STAFF. No health insurance here. NO TUITION REIMBURSEMENT. Yet, you're asking me to do your fucking job because, well, you don't know how to do it.

In case you were wondering, Peter, it's not MY job to do YOUR job plus MY job. My job is enough.

Now had you sent an apologetic email asking HOW you go about doing your job and you were so sorry you didn't know how to, well, I still would've been annoyed that you are staff and I am not and you don't know how to do your job. But I would've given you a call and worked with you on the problem. Instead, you basically passed your work on to me.

And I would've done it too, because I'm a nice fucking person.

Luckily my boss stepped in to explain the situation and teach you how to do your job. She was nice about it because she's a nice fucking person too.

We're both nice fucking people and you Peter, you're a moron. But I'm sure you're a nice fucking moron.

-Mad in Manhattan

No comments: