Thursday, September 16, 2010

I HATE PETER WHO IS 7 PETERS

Every single day of my school life, I've had to deal with all of you. There were times that we got along, and times we didn't. But in the end, you've all been cruel and selfish and arrogant.

Peter #1-It's you that I want to write about first. In the beginning of the 6th grade, we were the best of friends. I told you almost everything and you guessed stuff about me--usually completely accurately, and vice versa. We had our fair share of stupid, stupid fights--but they always worked themselves out. For most of the year, I spent so much time with you that people were convinced I was your girlfriend. Our parents would be ok with us being home alone all day together, which wouldn't happen with any other of my guy friends. I'll even admit that I had a huge crush on you last summer. Days and days we spent with each other, even talking shit about anybody, including each other, but that was ok. And just hanging out in silence, and always having fun no matter what. After Easter break, when you turned 13 and I was still 12, I'm not even sure what happened. You started hanging out with another Peter and you turned into a jerk. All you would do is make fun of me. I asked why and you'd never answer. We argue so much now and it's generally over stupid shit. I don't even remember the last 15 minutes where we weren't fighting. I miss our friendship terribly. And even if we get along better this year, I don't think anything will ever be the same. If there's one thing you taught me, it's to be strong and put up with when you kill me with words. I'll always be grateful for that one thing about you. I'll be seeing you until I'm about to go to college. If there's one thing I wish, it's that we could be the best of friends again.

Peter #2-Jesus, I can't even remember the last time you were polite to me. As a joke, I told my friend that I would kill her and you butted in and we argued, in the middle of class. Guess who got in trouble for it? ME. You think you're the shit because you're best friends with Peter #3, who all the guys love. Along with her sister. Thank God I only have to deal with you for 7th and 8th grade, and we'll be off to different high schools, never to see each other ever again. I can't think of anything you ever did to deserve kindness, and it's gonna stay that way. You and your friends even caused two close friends of mine to transfer schools. I'll explain that next.

Peter #3/#4-You're sisters, and you're exactly alike. All the guys love you. All the girls want to be you. You think you're amazing. #4, you dated the guy every girl thought was hot, which made you even more popular. You both have select groups of people that never vary, and you only treat them with kindness. I know that this will never change. You bend the school rules all the time, just like the rest of us, only you get rewarded by the student population for doing so. You and your crowd always boast about how athletic you are, and all the guys are somehow impressed by this. Peter #3, you even took away my best friend, Peter P. Until March, it was always Me, Peter P and Peter G. We were in a situation together, and your stupid "popular" friends joined in. We almost had a fight worked out, until you interfered and took Peter P away. She's never treated me the same, and for that I have to blame you.

Peter #5-You're best friends with Peter #4. Your little sister is also the most obnoxious person I've ever met. All the guys love you too. What's worse is that we're alike in all the ways that matter to me. For example, I love All Time Low. Almost more than life itself. As soon as I start liking them, I find out that you do, too. We even share some physical characteristics. Even though you're 2 years older than I, we're the same height, got braces the same year, both have the same long, brown, and straight hair, and have the same body type. We both love to dance too. I really liked this other guy this year. A month later, I found out that you liked him a lot too. Glad you graduated--Too bad I'll be seeing you until you graduate high school. In two years, me and your sister will be there too. It sucks, doesn't it? Not so much for you, but pretty badly for me.

Peter #6-We were best friends. You came to my house frequently. In 3rd grade, we stayed online until 1 AM on a school night researching our favorite book series. I guess we just grew apart, because after 4th grade you became a jerk. Last week, you blackmailed me to my face about something that's not even in my memory. You say you're gonna be the freaking Pope, and all you do is make fun of people. I'll be dealing with you for another 6 years. Maybe things will work out. Maybe they won't. All I know is, I miss the days when we got along.

Peter #7-In 2nd grade, we were friends for about 6 months. I guess you suddenly changed. And then, you changed back. You've always been a jerk, plain and simple. I've never liked you a whole lot. I don't want to be friends. I want you to treat me with more respect for now. When we're in high school, and I see you in the halls, don't acknowledge my existence. Carry on, like I'm just another one of the 300 or so kids that will be in our class. I'll do the same. And you'll be a memory. That's all I want from you.

It kills me to know that I see you every day, and you make fun of me. What have I ever done to you? Nothing. Nothing at all.

You know who I am. You'll never forget me. I'll make sure of it.

No comments: